- Establish an effective structure for the presentation of Afro-American Cultural Center’s programs, projects, and activities.
- Provide a house where students of the African Diaspora can recover a feeling of home through a shared sense of family and belonging.
- Create an atmosphere to foster deep knowledge and high regard for African, Afro-Caribbean and African American history, arts, letters, politics and culture.
- Maximize the academic achievement, personal development and leadership skills of students of the African Diaspora.
- Promote the lines of communication and collaboration between the Yale and New Haven communities while developing an environment of social action and increased linkage.
- Establish a 21st century objective to link the Afro-American Cultural Center with the African Diaspora in order to establish relationships for collaboration (Est. 2012).